As discussed earlier in our last blog ” HOW TO KEEP IMMUNITY HIGH” , Immunity is lifestyle change according to change in season…..which our hrishi’s named as “HRITUCHARYA” (Change in diet and routine according to season)
” As in nature so in our body”
In rainy season, WETNESS, SOURNESS, VAAT (AIR) ,COLDNESS increases in environment as well in our body. So we tend to fall sick with diseases that increase these qualities in body.
|SUN IS NOT PRESENT||BODY FIRE DECREASES||LESS APPETITE|
|VAAT INCREASES||VAAT INCREASES||JOINT, MUSCLE, EAR, TEETH ,STOMACH ALL KINDS OF PAIN|
|WETNESS, COLDNESS||KAPHA INCREASES||COUGH, COLD, FEVER, FUNGAL INFECTIONS|
So diet and routine opposite to above will keep mahabhutas in balalnce in our body and thus keep us healthy…in short it will keep our immunity high.
So the ideal routine would be –
- Drink a glass of hot water in the morning.
- After brushing teeth , massage gums, teeth and tongue with dry dantamanjan powder( dry powder of mixed herbs). This powder removes excess KAPHA from mouth and throat, strengthens gums, removed tartar, cleans coating of tongue, removes bad breath and thus keeps our mouth (the first door of digestion) healthy.
- Drink hot tea, preferably without milk, add herbs like sunth, tulsi, a pinch of turmeric.
- Vaat increases in this season, so apply and lightly massageoil to whole body ….prefer oil with warm qualities like til oil ( sesame oil).
- According to ayurveda, LIGHT exercise should be done in rainy and summer season.
- Applying oil before exercise is beneficial as it reduced VAAT as well helps avoid strains, aches, sprains following exercise.
- Non – strenous exercise is preferred in this season. Do exercise which increases warmth in our body and increases digestive fire…like SURYA NAMASKAR , Pranayam (Especially, Kapal-bhati and Bhastriya Pranayam)
- Take HOT WATER bath. Add a few NEEM leaves to bath water. Neem has antibacterial and anti fungal properties. Fungal infections tend to happen more in rainy season so neem is good preventive measure for it.
- Eat garlic chutney in diet. ( Garlic has very good anti- viral property…but shouldn’ t be eaten in raw form as might cause stomach ulcer…..make a chutney of garlic with coconut, salt, sugar and red chilly powder in it). In rainy season, viral infections like viral cold, cough, flu, fever are in boom. So this chutney acts as a protective umbrella against these rainy diseases.
- Use alot spices ( garam masala i.e. pepper, ginger, cinnamon, cardammon, cloves, bay leaf, cumin seeds etc) in diet …avoid green chillies.
- Last but not the least, LIGHT DINNER is very very important in this season as digestive powder is less in this season .
- Eat rosated food. Avoid fruits, Eat dryfruits.
- Keep yourself Dry. Wear sleepers at home.
- Avoid things which have qualities similar to the qualities which have increased in season .
So IMMUNITY Mantra is Avoid – WET,SOUR, COLD, HEAVY TO DIGEST
To sum up, nature provides different things in different seasons to maintain health.Like in summer season heat increases alot so nature provide us with all watery, citrous, sweet, juicy fruits to maintain health. And the same nature doesn’t give any fruits in rainy season. So, we should maintain health by eating seasonal fruits and vegetables and following HRITUCHARYTA.
The RAINY SEASON hritucharya ( called as VARSHA HRITUCHARYA) can be coined in today’s terms as “IMMUNITY BOOSTERS OF RAINY SEASON”)
- Use – HOT, DRY, SPICY, OIL, LIGHT TO DIGEST
- Avoid – WET, SOUR, COLD, HEAVY TO DIGEST.
LIFE IS CHANGE…AND NATURE MAINTAINS ITSELF BY ACCEPTING THIS CHANGESo let us also accept HRITUCHARYA and enjoy HEALTHY RAINY SEASON.
Stay healthy, Stay happy, Stay blessed.
For any queries contact us on Gmail- firstname.lastname@example.orgFor more information visit – www.https://www.aarogyamayurvedicclinic.com